Services We Cover
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Lining
- Bird Guards and Cowls
- Birds Nests
- Stove Spares/Repairs
- Tar Removal
Detailed Services Offered
- Chimney Sweeping
- ACE Chimney Sweeps offer both Traditional Chimney Sweeping with Brushes & Rods and we also offer the new Power Sweeping System. Both types of sweeping have their place depending on what type of chimney you have. The traditional system will be used when you have an old flue with some flat areas around the bends where soot can gather. The Power Sweeping is suitable to newer lined flue ways which are generally straighter where soot cannot gather on the bends. It is also very suited to chimneys which have heavy tar/creosote build up due to burning wet or unseasoned wood.
- Whether your chimney is 3 or 300 years old ACE Chimney Sweeps have the Tools, Knowledge and Expertise to provide you with a Clean Professional Service every time.
- Stove Servicing
- When you book a stove service you will have your chimney swept, the stove parts will be stripped and cleaned. The inside of the stove will also be cleaned and rebuilt. The door glass will be cleaned and the door ropes checked. All parts will be inspected for wear during the service and any parts that need replacing will be priced up for you. You will also receive a certificate of chimney sweeping. This is useful for your stove/liner warranty, home insurance or if you are thinking of moving home.
- Creosote Removal
- Under some circumstances creosote can build up inside the chimney. This can increase the risk of chimney fire or CO poisoning due to the creosote blocking the flue. We use a professional grade creosote modifier to react with and break down the creosote. This can then be removed with our rotary sweeping equipment. If the creosote build-up is excessive, this may need more than one application of the chemical.
- Chimney Relining
- As a chimney ages, there is sometimes a need to reline the flue way. This is because the combustion gases are able to escape through gaps and holes that appear in the brickwork and mortar and into other flue ways and rooms. This can cause issues with smoke and smells in your home and even the neighboring house not to mention the risk of (CO) Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
- A defective flue can also cause issues with the performance of your appliance, especially high efficiency stoves.
- There are many ways to repair a faulty flue but the most common method is to pass a flexible steel liner down the defective chimney. This is by no means the only method but it is the preferred method of many customers.
- Other methods include the insertion concrete liners down the inside of the defective chimney which forms a new concrete flue within the old defective chimney. This method offers a more permanent solution than the flexible steel option.
- We will be happy to give you advice on your specific requirements and a free no obligation quote.
- Birdguards & Cowls
- A cowl is a device installed on the top of your chimney. There is no one cowl for every job: there are cowls for different purposes, and cowls for all budgets. Some cowls can keep birds out, others can keep the rain out, and others are designed to prevent downdrafts when it’s windy. ACE Chimney Sweeps is pleased to be able to fit a range of cowls, and we will be happy to advise you regarding your requirements.
- Birds Nests
- One of the places that birds like to nest is within people’s chimneys. Here at ACE Chimney Sweeps, we are pleased to offer a cost effective birds nest removal service. As with all of our services, we carry out our work efficiently and we leave your home in the state it was in when we arrived.
Please click here for more information on our associations.
National Association of Chimney Sweeps (NACS)
The National Association of Chimney Sweeps formed in 1982 as a professional trade association with a current membership of over 400 members. NACS promotes high standards for the sweeping, inspection and maintenance of chimneys.
It is an active member of the European Federation of Chimney Sweeps (ESCHFOE). It is the national trade association in the UK to represent Chimney Sweeps and is exclusively recommended by all major fuel organisations Solid Fuel Association, HETAS (Heating Equipment Testing & Approval Scheme), British Gas, OFTEC (Oil Firing Technical Association), National Fireplace Association.